The annual meeting will be held on Monday, December 5th at noon at the Wesley Community Center.
Goldfield, Iowa (50542)
- Cotton Fades on Thursday
- Cotton closed near their lows for the day on triple digit drops in May and July contracts. The other nearbys were 53 to 98 points in the red at the bell. USDA reported only 32,600 RB of upland cotton were sold for export in the week ending December 1. China...
- Triple Digit Losses in Thursday Hog Market
- Lean hog futures ended the day with $0.37 to $2.10 loses across the front months. For Feb that was the lowest seen since 10/13. The National Average Base Hog price for Thursday afternoon was $81.11 after a $3.57 drop. The 12/06 CME Lean Hog Index was $82.78, down 16 cents....
- Wheats Weaken on Thursday
- Front month wheat futures pulled back on Thursday, but closed nearly a dime off their intra-day low. CBT SRW futures went home 2 3/4 to 3 3/4 cents in the red. KC HRW futures faded by 4 to 5 cents on the day. MPLS spring wheat prices were higher with...
- Cattle Recover on Thursday
- Front month fat cattle futures were 37 to 57 cents higher on the day. For Dec that took the contract back to $152.42 – relative to the $152-156 cash market. USDA confirmed some Southern trade near $154 on Thursday, but the Southern deals remain limited for the week. Northern trade...
- Soybean Prices Rallied Double Digits
- Beans closed with 11 1/2 to 14 1/4 cent gains in the nearbys, however the gains dwindled to a penny loss by the Nov 2023 contract. Meal futures were $5.40 to $7.40 stronger on the day. Front month BO prices were 32 to 35 points stronger on the day. The...
- Corn Closed Mixed on Inter-Year Spreads
- The Thursday corn session closed with a penny to 1 1/2 cent gains. New crop prices were fractionally to 2 cents weaker on the day. Weekly corn bookings were 691,556 MT for the week that ended 12/1. That was up 14% from last week but was down 39% from the...