Goldfield, Iowa (50542)
- Lean Hog Market Mostly Higher
- Lean hogs are trading higher through May ’22, with gains of $0.17 to $1.52 so far for midday. USDA’s National Average Morning Base hog price for Thursday was $55.51, after a 17 cent pullback. CME’s Lean Hog Index for 11/29 was down another 56 cents to $70.04. Export Sales data...
- Double Digit Recovery for Soybeans
- Soybeans are extending their recovery through Thursday’s midday, with another 14 to 15 15 3/4 cent bounce back. Soymeal futures are 50 cents to $1/ton in the black as well. BO is trading 77 to 92 points stronger, recovering from Wednesday’s loss. USDA flashed two export sales this morning, including...
- Corn Rallying through Midday
- Through midday, corn prices are another 6 1/4 to 7 3/4 cents in the black. March futures are still a net loss for the week, but are back to within 3 cents of Tuesday’s pre-selloff price. USDA data showed corn export sales from the week that ended 11/25 were 1.021...
- Wheats Double Digits Higher
- Wheat markets are recovering through midday for Thursday. SRW is up 19 3/4 to 26 3/4 cents so far, but March is still more than 50 cents off the recent high. KC prices are trading 16 3/4 cents to 27 1/2 in the black for midday. MPLS wheat is 16...
- Cattle Futures Higher so far
- Thursday’s fat cattle futures are trading $0.40 to $1.30 in the black, led by December. Dec is still about a $1.25 to $2.75 discount to the cash market. The special Thursday FCE auction sold 1,252 of the 1,759 head listed. The sales were at least $140, with some up at...
- Cotton Recovering on Thursday
- After 4 days of sharp losses in cotton, futures are bouncing for Thursday’s midday. Futures were lower initially, though held at $1 through May ’22. USDA’s weekly Export Sales report showed 374,896 RBs of cotton was sold during the week that ended 11/25. That included 123k RBs sold to China,...